Accelerating biomedical research and precision medicine through open standards, open data, and free and open source software.
Products and Services
Arvados is an open source platform for managing, processing, and sharing genomic and other large scientific and biomedical data.
Curii offers Arvados products and services to:
- Install, support, upgrade, and maintain your Arvados clusters
- Develop improvements to Arvados to address your specific needs and timelines
- Provide domain-specific support for your Arvados-based applications
- Train end-users and system administrators
We enjoy working with researchers and colleagues that share our passion for free software and open science. However, we appreciate that many organizations will use our open technologies as building blocks to develop their own proprietary solutions. No matter your use case, we can help you use Arvados to its fullest potential.
We work with open standards, open cells, open data, and free and open source software to accelerate precision medicine and biomedical research for everyone.
At Curii, we are:
- Developing Arvados an open-source platform designed to handle the challenges associated with storing and organizing large biomedical data and running reproducible workflows at scale.
- Creating novel methods for performing fast querying and machine learning on large genomic datasets
- Assisting projects that focus on open biomedical data and standards
(e.g. Personal Genome Project , CWL , GA4GH , GIAB , and Coronavirus Standards Working Group )
In 2005, George Church elucidated a vision of building a global and public resource with a million sequenced and phenotyped individuals known as the Personal Genome Project (PGP). Curii is the software company founded by George, Sarah Wait Zaranek, Tom Clegg, Alexander (Sasha) Wait Zaranek, and Ward Vandewege that grew out of designing software to scale that project. Curii retains an open science mission; free and open software, open data and samples, and open standards.
Sarah Wait Zaranek
CEO & Founder
Sasha Wait Zaranek
Chief Innovation Officer & Founder
Chief Architect & Founder
Chief Technology Officer & Founder
Principal Software Engineer
Director, Business Development
Lucas Di Pentima
We’re a fun, dynamic, international company of people excited about open science and open source technology. If you are interested in working at Curii, contact us.